Sean Dyche has confirmed that there has been “a lot of interest” in signing Nahki Wells from Burnley.
Nottingham Forest have joined Bristol City in expressing an interest in the striker.
Wells is in his second season on loan at QPR from the Clarets, who have an option to recall him during this month’s transfer window.
They are expected to do so if they receive an attractive offer to sell Wells who has scored 14 goals this term.
Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Burnley manager Dyche said: “We have the ability to get him back here.
“I’ve spoken to Mark Warburton and let him know the different options.
“Over the last few days there has been a lot of interest in him – and rightly so because he is scoring goals in the Championship.”
Play-off chasing Bristol City indicated earlier this week that they want Wells.
And fourth-placed Forest have since made an approach to Burnley.
Wells, 29, has told QPR boss Warburton he wants to stay at Loftus Road.
Rangers have long planned to hold talks with Burnley about the possibility of signing him on a permanent deal this month rather than waiting until the summer, when his contract expires.
However, they are restricted by Financial Fair Play rules and a sizeable bid from another club could well put him out of QPR’s reach.
Burnley hold an option to extend Wells’ contract by 12 months, but that would involve them committing to paying his wages for the additional year and he is not in their first-team plans.