Rene Meulensteen says he is confident Dimitar Berbatov will still be a Fulham player at the end of the week.
Berbatov’s agent has stated that the Bulgarian, whose contract expires in the summer, would like to leave Craven Cottage during this month’s transfer window.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has dismissed reports he is interested in Berbatov, who has also been linked with a return to his former club Tottenham.
Meulensteen insists Fulham have received no approach for the player – and he does not expect one before Friday’s deadline.
“I expect him to stay, yes, because there has been no interest so far,” said the Whites head coach.
And the Dutchman says he has no current plans to add a forward to his squad as Fulham battle to stay in the Premier League.
“Not at the moment, no, because we have Darren Bent, Hugo Rodallega and Berbatov,” he explained.
“They always say the transfer window is a month, but it is not a month – it is one week and 24 hours, that is what it comes down to. We’ll have to wait and see.”