Antonio Conte says he believes David Luiz will be unavailable for another three weeks.
There has been speculation that Luiz, who was recently dropped by Conte, could be on his way out of Chelsea.
Arsenal and Newcastle are the latest clubs to be linked with the Brazilian, who has been nursing a knee injury. He has also been linked with the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid.
Blues boss Conte has reacted angrily to suggestions there is more to Luiz’s recent absence – the defender has featured just once, against Qarabag in the Champions League, since being dropped for last month’s game against Manchester United.
And at a media conference on Tuesday, Conte reiterated that Luiz is still recovering.
Asked why he believes there continues to be speculation over Luiz’s future, Conte said: “I don’t read (it). I don’t have information about this topic.”
The Italian added: “I’m a person who is very realistic, I like to tell the truth and I answered before about him. I also don’t want to annoy you with the same reply.
“He’s not available. I think he is maybe (out for) three weeks.”
Meanwhile, Conte confirmed that he plans to make changes for Wednesday’s EFL Cup quarter-final against Bournemouth, with a number of youngsters set to feature.