QPR left in the lurch by Remy move – Harry

Harry Redknapp has again insisted that events before the transfer window closed have caused QPR’s poor start to the season.

The Rangers boss has previously claimed that the departure of some of last season’s squad, poor fitness levels among those who were subsequently brought in, a pre-season campaign he was unhappy with and Loic Remy’s move to Chelsea have all contributed to his woes.

And he again bemoaned his lack of attacking options in the wake of Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Southampton.

Redknapp had said he as confident Remy would not leave shortly before the deadline
Redknapp was confident Remy would not leave shortly before the deadline

He said: “It’s going to be hard, it’s not going to be easy. We got left in the lurch a little bit at the start of the year.

“We came back with 12 players and we had to go and get some reinforcements in. Okay we got stronger in midfield, but then suddenly we lose Remy on the Saturday before the transfer window [closed] and we couldn’t get anyone else in.

“It’s left us a little bit short up front. We haven’t got a lot of striking options really.

“You’ve got Charlie Austin, Bobby Zamora and the little boy [Eduardo Vargas] can play wide or up there, but we’ve probably lost 16 goals when Remy went.”

Rangers, beaten in all four of their away matches this season, face Redknapp’s former club West Ham at Upton Park on Sunday.

[related-posts]

Follow West London Sport on Twitter
Find us on Facebook