A round-up of the latest transfer speculation involving Chelsea and QPR…
Manchester United will offer Phil Jones to Everton in part-exchange in an attempt to beat Chelsea to the signing of John Stones, it has been claimed.
The Express, citing a report by ESPN, suggest United are determined to sign England centre-back Jones despite Chelsea being the favourites to capture him.
Chelsea will make Everton a fourth and final offer for Stones, potentially worth £40m, The Guardian reports.
The Daily Star say Chelsea are in talks over a deal to sell Victor Moses to West Ham, who are reported to have tabled a bid.
The Daily Telegraph say Ezequiel Garay, who has been touted as a possible alternative signing by Chelsea if they fail to land Stones, would not be allowed to leave Zenit St Petersburg.
And Chelsea will continue to pursue the signing of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba because they believe a deal can be struck ahead of the transfer deadline, The Independent say.
Meanwhile, West Brom will line up QPR striker Charlie Austin if they sell Saido Berahino to Tottenham, according to the Express.
Baggies boss Tony Pulis is a fan of Austin but would face competition from Crystal Palace, the Express say.
Palace previously made an approach for Austin, 26, and are said to still be interested.
The Austin situation as it stands:
• Rangers want £15m
• Leicester had an offer rejected last month
• Crystal Palace have shown some interest but not at QPR’s asking price
• West London Sport also revealed last month that QPR were considering making Austin an offer of a new deal if he stays, fearing they could lose him on a Bosman free transfer if he sees out the remainder of his contract
• Director of football Les Ferdinand later confirmed to West London Sport that the club were considering making Austin another offer
• Ferdinand has also denied reports of an approach from Newcastle
• Everton have been monitoring Austin since QPR were last in the Championship