A round-up of the latest transfer speculation involving QPR, Brentford and Chelsea…
Speculation continues over the future of Charlie Austin, with West Ham again being linked with the QPR striker – this time by the Evening Standard.
Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton are also said to be pursuing a deal to sign Austin, whose contract expires at the end of the season.
The Standard claim Austin is only interested in a move to a London club, that he is ready to join West Ham, and that Spurs are also interested.
The Austin situation as it stands:
• Rangers want £15m
• Leicester had an offer rejected last month
• Crystal Palace have shown some interest but not at QPR’s asking price
• West London Sport also revealed last month that QPR were considering making Austin an offer of a new deal if he stays, fearing they could lose him on a Bosman free transfer if he sees out the remainder of his contract
• Director of football Les Ferdinand later confirmed to West London Sport that the club were considering making Austin another offer
• Ferdinand recently reiterated this to the Evening Standard
• Ferdinand has also denied reports of an approach from Newcastle
• Everton have been monitoring Austin since QPR were last in the Championship
Keeper Adrian’s suspension after he was sent off against Leicester has increased speculation that West Ham will look to re-sign QPR’s Rob Green.
The Sun say the Hammers will now step up their apparent interest in the 35-year-old, who left Upton Park to join the R’s in 2012.
West Ham are also considering a move for Brentford striker Andre Gray, according to the Daily Mirror.
Hull City have been trying to agree a deal to sign the 24-year-old before the transfer window closes.
And the Mirror say Gray could land a move to the Premier League, with the Hammers looking for a forward because Andy Carroll and Enner Valencia are unavailable.
Meanwhile, the Daily Star, picking up on a Spanish media report that Chelsea want Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuain, say the Blues are looking to beat Liverpool and Arsenal to the signing of the Argentine striker.
Chelsea are also battling Roma to sign Stuttgart defender Antonio Rudiger, according to Sky Italia.