Chelsea vs RB Salzburg: Recap of a stunning game and what’s to come

This season has already been a great one for Chelsea fans and the team’s last game proves this point. The team’s 2-1 victory over Red Bull Salzburg in a match where both teams created plenty of opportunities. This of course secured the team’s place in the last 16 of the Champions League. The four changes to the team made by Graham Potter drew against Manchester United in the Premier League with Christian Pulisic and Conor Gallagher coming into the team. 

Kepa Arrizabalaga had a couple of great saves, but in the end, it was Chelsea who took the lead when Mateo Kovacic guided a shot from the edge of the box into the top corner of the goal. The visitors continued to press and even came close to scoring a second soon after, but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was released through on goal only for Philip Kohn to deny the goal with a stunning save.

Salzburg emerged for the second half looking as energetic as ever and grabbed an equalizer after 48 minutes through Junior Adamu. Chelsea responded well to this and regained the lead when Kai Havertz’s long-range goal went in off the underside of the crossbar. Following this, we could see a switch to a back four from Chelsea that stifled the Salzburg attack as the Premier League side saw out an important victory that secured their place in the next round of competition. 

Who to bet on in the next game?

Following this win, Chelsea is set to face Brighton on October 29 which is very exciting, especially for bettors. Many will be eager to place bets on the next game on websites like, so it is important to know where the standings are. As Chelsea is currently fifth in the standings and Brighton is ninth, the odds may surprise you. The match official odds are currently set at a 33% chance of going to Brighton, a 38% chance of the game going to Chelsea, with a 29% chance for the teams to draw.

Brighton is coming from a rough past five-game history and is expected to try and break the bad luck streak and prove themselves. The game is sure to be interesting and is sure to feature many exciting moments. Lastly, the odds of the game make for a great game to bet on with a fair split that is fairly safe to bet on with a decent potential payout. 

Important things to remember

Before watching and especially before betting on Brighton vs Chelsea there are some crucial details you need to keep track of. Probably the most important detail that could affect the game is the fact that Mateo Kovacic from Chelsea is injured and nursing his knee. Even if the Croatian midfielder is still nursing his knee he played in the game versus Red Bull Salzburg and even scored a crucial goal. The player looked amazing on the field but many fans and bettors are worrying that his knee will give out in the following games. This could prove to be a big disadvantage for the team and could cost them a game, especially since Potter stated that Kovacic was feeling his calf and that it was a heavy pitch with a bit of tightness.

Brighton could get the upper hand if the injury proves to be a great chance for the team to take the upper hand. Paired with their drive to win and end their bad streak will ensure an entertaining game.