Silva: Decision on future will come next week
Marco Silva says a decision on his future will be revealed next week.
The Fulham boss’ contract expires this summer and he has so far not agreed a new deal.
There has been speculation over his future for some time – and he was considered for the Chelsea manager’s job prior to the appointment of Xabi Alonso.
Silva has also been linked a return to his native Portugal, with Benfica.
But on Friday he again insisted that he has not been made an offer by Benfica and remains in discussions with Fulham.
He said: “I just have one offer on the table for me to think about. I have one offer from a long time ago that we have been talking about.”
“I don’t see it as an issue. I see it as a situation that we are in the end of contract and talking with the football club and the football club is talking with us.
“I’m going to take a decision as the football club (will) next week. We are going to meet again next week and a decision will come.”
Silva: Only one offer on the table and decision on future will be made next week#ffc pic.twitter.com/S6hkXbczEc
— West London Sport (@WestLondonSport) May 22, 2026
Fulham will end their season with a home match against Newcastle on Sunday.
Silva admitted to “frustration” and “disappointment” that the Whites have not sustained a challenge for a European place but insisted it has been “another positive season” for the club.”
He added: “We still have targets. Newcastle have the same points as us – they are above us because of the goal difference. If we win the game, we are going to be above them.”

